On 2006-12-20 14:52:57 -0700, Jack L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Hello Brian,
> 
> Brian, PHP itself is a fastcgi server, if you launch it
> with the right parameters.
> 
> The problem is, cherokee does not launch the Windows version
> of PHP properly. So the PHP process does not run as a fastcgi
> server. So you have to manually launch it. If the Windows build
> of cherokee gets this fixed, PHP should work.
> 
> I had some other reliability issues with running PHP with
> cherokee on Windows though. I reported them a while ago
> on the mailing list. Not sure if they have been addressed.

I guess what I am trying to get at is that how do you run PHP as a 
standalone FastCGI server without a middleware app running?  The reason 
why php.exe -b <port> does not work on Windows is because it is not 
implemented yet.  The only way I see running PHP as a FastCGI (or for 
this matter any FastCGI on Windows) is if there is a middleman to 
handle the task.  Unless I am mistaken and there is code in Cherokee to 
handle this?  To me it looks like a bigger task to get it fixed for a 
minor version of 0.5 or even 0.6.  I may be wrong here.

In Denver, Colorado where I live we have been snowed out of work for 
the rest of day today and maybe even all of tomorrow.  I am going to 
take this free time off and spend it on Cherokee to get more facts 
about how to fix this.
-- 
Brian Rosner
http://www.brosner.com


_______________________________________________
Cherokee mailing list
[email protected]
http://cherokee-project.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/cherokee

Reply via email to