Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
------------------------------------------------------------

When I first brought my 70 home it sat high.  When I rebuilt the front end I  
put small block TRW spring in the front.  The 454 dropped it down about 9-10 
inches and now the hood sits a little below my waist.  The bottom of the 
front bumper is about 8 inches off the ground.. The crossmember and headers 
are a little lower than I would like them to be being about 5-6 inches off 
the ground.  I still have the big block springs that were in it, but that was 
just to high for me.  I couldn't even bend over the fenders to take off 
header bolts.  The only way it sits gigh now is if I take the weight of the 
motor off the springs.   Hotchkis also sells a spring kit that will lower the 
car about 1-1.5 inches.

Tom

-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to