Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
------------------------------------------------------------

Springs might not cure your lean problem this is mostly caused by bad body
mount bushings.

-----Original Message-----
From: LOJAC [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2001 11:55 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] More Springs


Hey LIST,
 
    Long time no talk....I have a 69 Chevelle with a 396 and mine sits the
same way....real high in the front.  I was so glad to hear that I was not
the only one who thought about changing it.  I am in need of springs for the
front and rear since mine seems to lean a little to the driver side if you
look really close at the rear end.  The frame is not bent, so that is the
only thing I can think of to solve the problem.  I would also appreciate any
suggestions as to lengths and manufactures of spring for the front and rear.
I would also like to eliminate the "wheel hop" when I accelerate.  Any
suggestions for solving that problem?  
 
Thanks in advance,
 
"KEEP THE OLD RIDES ALIVE!!!"
 
LOJAC
CHEVELLE SS396

-----Original Message-----
From: David Jensen < [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> >
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  <
[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> >
Date: Wednesday, July 11, 2001 1:32 AM
Subject: [Chevelle-List] More Springs


I have a question for some 70 Chevelle owners on the list about front end
springs.
 
My 70 Chevelle with a 396 seems to sit pretty high in the front end. It
measures 27 inches from the ground to the bottom of the trim on the fender.
 
I will be buying new springs soon but I am not sure if I should go with
stock length or something that is lower.
 
Could someone with stock springs let me know the measurement on your car?
 
Thanks,
David J.


-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to