Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
------------------------------------------------------------

Today I test-fit the driveshaft, and took apart the universals. The rear one
was shot. The front one was in backwards, which had apparently cause the
grease fitting to break off. (Fitting always points toward the shaft
fellas). Both universals happy now.

I removed the B&M shifter and re-installed the original powerglide linkage
to restore the steering column to normal working order. This is a TH350 but
the powerglide linkage matched up to it fine. I just need to replace all the
bushings in the linkage. I'm not sure what the repercussions might be from
having first gear one click lower in the pattern. (like the possibility of
bending a shift indicator needle or something). I'm still not completely
familiar with the look of dash, so I don't remember the setup. I doubt I'll
be doing much manually shifting into first though, so I suppose this setup
will be fine unless anybody here can tell me why not.

I drained the water that we put in last week and replaced it w/ a mixture of
the orange coolant. It hasn't dropped below freezing, but it's time to start
thinking about those things.

I noticed a few more little things that were missing :-)

Of course I also ran the engine until the thermostat opened, just to mix up
the new coolant really well :-)


In next week's episode, we drain the gas tank. How do you flush out one of
these babies? What do you do w/ the old gas if any?

We also blow air through the fuel line as long as it's disconnected on both
ends anyway.

We bend tranny cooling lines.

And a few more nitty gritty items...


Looks like bodywork & paint will be done by Miller & Woy:
http://www.nb.net/~mwauto/


-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to