Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
------------------------------------------------------------

The shop has done a few cars for some guys I know, not to mention there are 
a couple other frame shops around here, but the going rate on a frame job 
starts at about $400 and goes to $650 at the shop that I called (they are 
supposed to be the best one around) I thought about converting to a 
different frame, I still might, its just the fact that I have to locate a 
66-67 elky or convertable, where I am I am lucky to find a 66-67 Chevelle 
anything flipped on its top and gutted to the gills.  I saw an El-Camino the 
other day, it looked sort of rough I left my phone number if the owner 
wanted to part with it, I figure if I could get it I could swipe its frame 
and go to the junkyard and put the body on an S10 frame (it works, I know of 
a 67 Malibu that is like this, its original frame was hashed, the guy had a 
junk S10 so he sat the body on that frame, a little work later you cannt 
tell it unless you know what youre looking for).  But the main thing is I 
would like to keep the old girl on the same chunk of iron she left the 
factory with.  BTW thanks for the info about the 2 and 4 doors, I'll go 
measure my frame, its still going to be awhile before I get to start putting 
her all back togather, so I maight be able to run into a deal ;)
Josh
Wounded 66SS396


>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] Frame dimensions
>Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 13:23:58 EDT
>
>josh:
>any idea what they want to straighten the frame? maybe this would be the 
>time
>to look for a convert frame. they are boxed and stronger. also at that time
>you could blast and por 15 or whatever to it. maybe a lot more work but
>????.ADP HOLLANDER shows the 66 chevelle frame same for 64-66 chevelle 2 DR
>sdn., hardtop and convertible. also 4 door sdn. and hardtop. i disagree as
>far as the frame shop not having the specs. any good frame shop should be
>able to hunt down the frame specs from somewhere. good luck!
>                                                        Larry


_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp


-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to