Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
------------------------------------------------------------

Note to Josh:  As others have said, get the 66 chassis service manual.  
Lotsa good info in there for cheap.

Do you mean a Childons manual?  Or just the whole 66 service manual?  I need 
to get both I know, I'm just a cheapskate.  Who publishes them and what are 
the titles, my bookstore could probably get them for me, at cost (I know the 
guy).  As for the frame bit, if I can find one at a decent price, I'll get 
it (and not in Timbuktu), if not I'm going to try to save mine.   Well 
thanks a lot guys, I need all the help I can get on this one, rebuilding 
what I built really hurts, I'm still pretty darn sick.
Josh



>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] Frame dimensions
>Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 06:13:33 EDT
>
>
>Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
>------------------------------------------------------------
>
>In a message dated 10/23/2001 5:10:12 AM Eastern Daylight Time, 
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>writes:
>
> > 67 Frames are fine to use....You just gotta use the 67 style springs
> >  that taper down  on both ends, instead of one.
>
>This shouldn't affect the frame though, a 67 frame should work fine.  Josh,
>check Hemmings if you cant find a frame locally.  66/7 hardtop frames were
>running around $450 or so IIRC.  The spring thing is a function of the 
>upper
>coil mount in the body and the rear end coil spring perch.  So with the 
>same
>rear end and body, he should be okay with the springs.  Yeah, I been there
>too.  B-)
>
>Note to Josh:  As others have said, get the 66 chassis service manual.  
>Lotsa
>good info in there for cheap.
>
>---------------------
>Kurt Ehrhardt
>ACES #1280
>66 Malibu
>66 SuperSport
>Enfield, CT
>
>-----------------------------------------------------
>To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
>To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp


-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to