On my 1971 Chevelle you had to loosen up the right fender so you could remove the bottom right hand bolt that holds the heater box to the firewall. You leave this bolt out when you replace the heater core to make it easier the next time. If the heater core has been replaced before this bolt make be missing and you will be lucky. If not, I think you will have to remove most of the fender bolts so you can pull the fender out to remove the bottom right hand bolt. I tried to remove my heater core without pulling the fender...It would not work, I had to pull the fender out.
Keith
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2001 7:43 PM
Subject: [Chevelle-List] HELP EMERGENCY!!!!

  My heater core just went out on my 70 Chevelle.  Where do i have to go to replace it?  There is that little box ,i guess you could call it that, that sticks out where the heater hoses goes.  Can I take the core out from there or what?  I would also if you could write me step about how i should do this.



Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

Reply via email to