David, if you do not have an AC car, you should be able to remove the heater box cover by just loosening the passenger side inner well.  It's tricky, but if you can roll the inner well out of the way a bit, you can squeeze your hand up in the corner to remove the rest of the fasteners.  This method is a lot safer then pulling the fender.

I did one on my '70 SS, but it's been about 5 years.   ---Eric

At 06:43 PM 11/30/2001 -0600, David Hovanessian wrote:
  My heater core just went out on my 70 Chevelle.  Where do i have to go to replace it?  There is that little box ,i guess you could call it that, that sticks out where the heater hoses goes.  Can I take the core out from there or what?  I would also if you could write me step about how i should do this.



Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

Reply via email to