Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List ------------------------------------------------------------
>Not to begin a diatribe, but as for the rest, maybe I've been misunderstood, >maybe not but it's where I disagree with many. I see absolutely nothing >wrong with SS hood, moulding trim, suspension upgrades, even 396 or 427 >Turbo Jet flags if it has a big block. It's the *SS* and *Super Sport* >badging that I find objectionable. It projects Super Sport to everyone who >sees it when, in fact, it is not; identically equipped or no. And, as you >said, having to say it's not a Super Sport every time someone asks would >seem to be a PITA as well as a bit embarrassing - at least to me. Why some >people get downright pi$$ed when you ask or point out their car is not a SS >is beyond me. Wonder why that is? I am with you on that one Dale, even when talking about the 78-87's (which were wheels, decals and mirror packages only). If it's not an SS, then leave it what it is. I plan to make the 83 look like my 78 with a front spoiler and a little less chrome trim on the outside, but I will not be putting SS badges on the car. Other than that, I'm the last person that gets fussy about it all being original. Neither one of mine are nor will they be. I venture to say that when I get a 70-72 someday, it won't be either..... Kelly C. Hanna www.hannawoodworks.com ----------------------------------------------------- To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

