Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
------------------------------------------------------------

Dale:

Good response below. And, as we are both aware there
are pros and cons to this issue. I have vascillated
back and forth. However, the more I have become
involved in this hobby, the more I learn. 

Again, I won't take sides since I have been on both.
But, I know that I have heard several individuals 
instantly say when describing their Chevelle Malibu's
(especially in the 66-67 year groups), "It is a
clone."
As if your accusing them of something. Then being the
Americans we are you hear, "...it is not a real SS..."

Since I have a real 67 SS and a 67 Chevelle Malibu, I
am leaning toward keeping what both are. However, with
the 67 Chevelle Malibu I want to modify a few things,
e.g., SS hood, lower moldings, maybe even the rear
black stripe. I like the idea of the new 383
lettering/
badging since this reflects what will be in it. 

Then I can forgo "No, it is not an SS". Instead, I can
claim it is a "kick ass" 67 Chevelle Malibu with 
various upgrades and modifications.

But let me be clear here, I have no qualms if others
want to clone their Chevelles to reflect an SS. And,
I also believe buyer should be aware. 

Just a few rambling thoughts. Thanks for the input.

Big Ken

--- 396guy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 
> Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle
> Mailing List
>
------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Ken,
> 
> As Bill Vander Werf noted in an email I got with
> this one, OPG now has "383"
> badges in their catalog and notes there are three
> different styles.  The
> last one I have from them is 2000 so I'm not aware
> of the new ones.  To
> answer your specific question, I'd go with whatever
> style they have designed
> for 64-67 Chevelles; be it the 283/327 flag type
> (appropriate since it's a
> small block) or just the numbers themselves.  Guess
> I'll have to order a new
> OPG catalog and get caught up :)
> 
> Not to begin a diatribe, but as for the rest, maybe
> I've been misunderstood,
> maybe not but it's where I disagree with many.  I
> see absolutely nothing
> wrong with SS hood, moulding trim, suspension
> upgrades, even 396 or 427
> Turbo Jet flags if it has a big block.  It's the
> *SS* and *Super Sport*
> badging that I find objectionable.  It projects
> Super Sport to everyone who
> sees it when, in fact, it is not; identically
> equipped or no.  And, as you
> said, having to say it's not a Super Sport every
> time someone asks would
> seem to be a PITA as well as a bit embarrassing - at
> least to me.  Why some
> people get downright pi$$ed when you ask or point
> out their car is not a SS
> is beyond me.  Wonder why that is?
> 
> I also have a 67 Elky that, like many 66/67 Elky
> owners, I'll probably use
> the SS hood of my coupe and maybe even an extra set
> of rocker panel trim I
> have.  Like many, I like the SS "scoops" and the
> look of the lower trim as
> opposed to the Malibu flat hood and style trim. 
> I've always built my cars
> to suit my taste and that usually means
> "customizing" them to some extent
> and I enjoy the heck out of 'em!
> 
> If anyone has a scan of the 383 emblems, I'd be
> interested in seeing what
> they look like.  Appreciate it.
> 
> Dale McIntosh
> ACES #1709/TC #92 Gold
> 67 SS/67 Elky
> http://www.dalesplace.com
> 
> 
> 
> >
> > Dale:
> >
> > I know your the 67 Chevelle guy. I also own a 67
> SS
> > plus a 67 Malibu. I don't want to start a clone
> vs.
> > not to clone thread here. And I know that I build
> the
> > car the way I want. But, based on what you have
> seen
> > out there here is my question.
> >
> > If I decide not to clone the 67 Malibu what would
> be
> > appropriate engine badging on front fenders if I
> am
> > placing a 383 stroker in the Malibu, re: 350
> Badging ?
> >  My thought is if I do not go with a complete
> clone,
> > just make a few changes, re:
> > engine badging, SS hood, and maybe the lower edge
> > moldings on rocker panels.
> >
> > Note:  I have no problems with anyone clone-ing.
> > However, if I decide to sell the Malibu in a
> couple
> > of years I do not want to go through the hassle of
> > explaining "it is a clone...blah, blah, blah..."
> >
> > I am merely asking for a few ideas. I am not
> passing
> > judgment on whether to clone or not. Both are
> > acceptable to me if your honest.
> >
> > Thoughts,
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Ken McD...
> 
> 
>
-----------------------------------------------------
> To Unsubscribe please visit
> www.chevelles.net/list.html
> To start a new topic, send mail to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]


__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Check out Yahoo! Shopping and Yahoo! Auctions for all of
your unique holiday gifts! Buy at http://shopping.yahoo.com
or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com

-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to