Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
------------------------------------------------------------

As a comparison, I got my new repro bumpers for $180 each, from Ausley's, for my
'69.   That was a show special discount, and no shipping.    They are the only
thing I've ever bought from Ausley's, so can't speak to their service or quality
of other parts.

I was able to compare a competitor's bumper while at Super Chevy, and Ausley's
were obviously better (thicker, smoother, etc).


John Nasta wrote:

> Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
> ------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Well, that's the first time I've ever heard anybody say anything good about
> Bumper Boyz. OTOH I have heard at least a dozen people say that their work
> is not show quality. I had a pair of Olds bumpers redone by Desert Dog, and
> don't feel that they are show quality either (but his prices are lower than
> some).
>
> A new reproduction bumper will normally cost you about $225-$250 I guess,
> depending on where you get it. Maybe a little bit cheaper at a show special
> price. A good bumper straighten & rechrome job will typically cost $350-$400
> for a show quality job. I have always heard high praise about NorthStar
> Bumper Exchange for re-chroming.
>
> John Nasta
> Old Car Network
> http://oldcarnetwork.com
>
> -----Original Message-----
>
> Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
> ------------------------------------------------------------
>
>  Jim, I was at the Michigan State Fair grounds for a swap meet this past
> week-end and "BUMPER BOYZ" were there. Their quality looked very good. I
> haven't looked at other bumpers as I'm not in the market. I get my old ones
> repaired and replated. For the price of one bumper and another 50 to 75
> dollars I can get both of mine done. A bumper for your '69 cost $240
> exchange.(front or rear). $295 with no exchange. These are factory bumpers.
> Seems a little high for me. But again, they are excelent in quality. Check
> their web site......  www.bumperboyz.com
> Rich
>
> -----------------------------------------------------
> To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
> To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
  Check out my webpage at http://www.ProStreetCar.com
  and my For Sale page at http://www.ProStreetCar.com/classifieds.html
  Tremec Distributor, Team Chevelle membership #178 (Gold)




-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to