Title: Message
The gas feed is on the right side, but I'm not sure how to check flow to the left bowl. I do know that both bowls were full of gas when I re-jetted the carb (twice), so I guess there is flow, but I don't know if it is resticted at all. It does tend to happen after hard acceleration (straight), or going down hill, although I'm not cornering hard at all.
 
Tom
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Fruhauf Kerry A SSgt 3CS/SCBS
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2003 6:21 PM
To: The Chevelle Mailing List
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-list] awful quiet in here

Sounds like the drivers side bowl isn't getting any fuel, and when the left turn is executed, the fuel can't reach the intake from the right bowl.  Fix action, I'm not sure.  Have you checked to see if fuel is traveling to both sides?
 

SARGE

69SS/Clone

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Tomlinson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2003 2:19 PM
To: The Chevelle Mailing List
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-list] awful quiet in here

Ok - here is a recent Chevelle problem.
 
'71 Malibu 350, 4 speed, with new Edelbrock 1405 Carb, Performer EPS intake, stock fuel pump, in-line Edelbrock fuel filter. The setup runs great, idles great at 600 RPM, pulls almost 20" of vacuum at idle, nice and smooth. The problem I'm having is that the car stalls when I turn relatively sharply (a 90 degree turn), usually left. I also noticed that I can swerve the car left and get the same effect (car almost stalls). The car restarts ok after cranking awhile, and/or pumping the gas, making be believe it's a gas starvation problem. The carb has side-hung bowls. Is this a known problem with Edelbrock carbs, or is there something else going on?
 
Tom Tomlinson
 
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of James Spradling
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2003 4:49 PM
To: The Chevelle Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] awful quiet in here

   I was wondering that also. Talk, talk, talk, then NOTHING. Wake up fella's!!!
 
 
James


Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software
_______________________________________________
Chevelle-list mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://chevelles.net/mailman/listinfo/chevelle-list_chevelles.net

Reply via email to