Zieg,
         I was told by the guy that sold me the tranny that the stocky Muncie shifter should bolt right up to this tranny since it's a "made for GM" tranny. I haven't verified this yet, but I will soon.
 
I still am in very close touch with this guy and I believe he knows what he's talking about. I haven't found him to be wrong yet.
 
Now the shifter "kit" that contains the levers, rods, and whatever else ....that may need to be specifically for the truck these came out of. I plan on asking that question here soon.
 
The tech guys at Jegs or Summit can sometimes answer questions like this. They sell one heck of a lot of parts.
 
                                        Steve
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Zieg72
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2003 11:06 PM
To: The Chevelle Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] 69 SS M21 Shifter

Thanks Clint, 
Mr. Martin and I are trying to go with the New Process 4 speed OD which Hurst doesn't offer any shifters for that trans.  I found a tight shifter gate and the 4 speed crossmember for my 72, but with all the talk re: the stock Muncie has me concerned.  I guess I have to go with it and see what happens.  Thanks again,  Zieg72
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2003 9:57 PM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] 69 SS M21 Shifter

No,I would stick with either a polygraphite or rubber trans mount on a street car.
Clint Hooper
H&H Custom,owner
LT5 Registry Director
http://www.LT5Registry.net/
ACES #1650
http://dalesplace.com/misc/friends/clint_hooper.htm
----- Original Message -----
From: Zieg72
 
Would solid trans mount help with the torque?  I have to go with the stock Muncie shifter because of my trans choice.  My engine is just a stock 350.
 
 

Reply via email to