Nice size Shop you got there JB... When I built mine 28 X40x 10 high. I was given a Hot air heater from a Mobil storage/office ( read mobile home ) I scrounged up a 275 gal tank out of the local paper for free and built a box and got some 8" duct work.. from a local surplus supply house.So it was done on the cheap.. but it heats my shop all year for 165 gal last year and I keep the temp at 55 deg and turn when I first get there and plan to work.. but even at 55 deg is OK. Most of the times unless I am painting .

Theses units turn up regular in the local paper.. or call your local Mobil home dealer.. they take them out of homes they take in trade and sell them as salvage when they scrap the trailer...

Propane is another neat unit.. I good friend of mine has a Bull Dog unit.. it is in Hemmings motor news and some other hobby car rags.. He happy it's in the basement of a old bank barn and keeps his shop toasty warm.. he has city gas ?..so it was a no brainier..$$ wise..

Wayne
----- Original Message ----- From: "Crazy Rusty" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'The Chevelle Mailing List'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 6:23 PM
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-list] Garage heater



How well do the heaters work for larger spaces? The house I just bought has
a 45 x 30 x 40 garage and I am a little worried about trying to heat it.
That's a lot of space to try to warm and keep warmed.


I may just end up getting some heat lamps and pointing them at myself as I
work ;)

-JB


-----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Fruhauf Kerry A SSgt 3 CS/SCBBO Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 12:27 PM To: The Chevelle Mailing List Subject: RE: [Chevelle-list] Garage heater

Yep, the old fashioned looking deal. My garage is pretty small, though.
It's only a one car garage, but it doesn't seal very well around the door,
and winters up here get pretty cold. I'm completely impressed with it. I
bought it at a hardware supplier up here, I'm not sure of the exact model,
but I bought the highest heat output version I could find. Since I leave it
on 24/7, I went with this style heater, for the safety reasons, plus, I
don't pay electricity, and the propane/kerosene style heaters would cost me
more in the long run, just paying for fuel.


SARGE

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Wayne
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 11:21 AM
To: The Chevelle Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Garage heater

"Electric Oil Heater" Are you talking about the unit that looks like a old
house radiator ? the local Walmart has them..

Chezzzz.. Sarge.. Would no think that would  be able to heat up  a large
area... shows ya what  I know...:(

Wayne
----- Original Message ----- From: "Fruhauf Kerry A SSgt 3 CS/SCBBO" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "The Chevelle Mailing List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 2:38 PM
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-list] Garage heater



I have an electric oil heater in my garage.  It works great even in the
cold
Alaskan nights.  $50.00 and worth every penny!

SARGE

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of mike f
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 10:35 AM
To: The Chevelle Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Garage heater

I use a propane heater non-vented in my garage of
about 700 square feet. I live in North Texas. a little
fresh air is a good thing when it gets stuffy.

mike f.
--- Dave Corgill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

At 10:15 AM 11/24/2004, you wrote:
 >Do any of you have use a wall mount, vent free
natural gas heater to heat
 >your garage?  There seems to be two types, radiant
 and blue flame made by
 >Remington, Glo Warm and others.  I would like to
add some heat to my shop
 >(800 sq ft).  My shop is in the basement and
connects to the garage which I
 >do not heat.  The shop stays around 60 degrees in
winter as the other side
 >of the basement and floor above is heated space,
but I don't want to tap
 >into the central heating system to add the shop.
Just trying to make it a
 >little warmer to work on the Chevelle and for
drying paint.
 >
 >Krister Meister
 >Bloomingdale, IL
 >66 SS #'s


We have the blue flame & it works great.





__________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Mail - You care about security. So do we. http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail












Reply via email to