Running much better with the timing set back a few degrees. Better
acceleration as well as kickdown action, and no pinging. No start problems
today either. I shut it down twice after driving and each time it restarted
fine. I have to go out one more time this afternoon, so we'll see how she
behaves. I also had three out of four tires below thirty psi, so that's all
fixed too. I still have a rear main tranny seal leak and a leak around the
base of the dipstick tube, and it looks like there's an oil leak around the
valve covers. So many little nagging things to do on this car and so little
time. Hopefully I'll install the new heater core before winter...

Thanks for all the suggestions,
John Nasta

p.s. Regular gas is running around $2.55 here at a name brand gas station. I
did see one of the cheapo no-name places at $2.48. It's getting rough out
there. I spent $288.89 on gas for the month of June. That's almost as much
as the payment on my MR2.


Reply via email to