Jimmy, number one can be anywhere you want it. I set the dist. with the engine 
at TDC. There is not a wrong place for number. Some caps have a mark for number 
one as a reference point. The way you have it should work just fine.
Mike
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Jim & Chris 
  To: Chevelle Forum 
  Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 6:58 PM
  Subject: [Chevelle-list] ignition


  I am having a difference of opinion. I had the distributor out and replaced 
the cap. I had marked the distrbutor before I took it out so it is back to its 
original position. I cranked the motor to 8 degrees BTDC on the #1 cylinder, 
pointed the rotor towards the #1 cylinder I then put the I put the respective 
plug wires clock wise around the cap in there respective firing order 
1,8,4,3,6,5,7,2. in the chilton book it shows the #1 plug lead on the 
distributor being on the passenger side verses being on the driver side with 
the rotor pointing towards the # 1 cylinder the way I have it set up , but 
would like to hear what you guys think befoe I fire it up. Jimmy C


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  No virus found in this incoming message.
  Checked by AVG Free Edition. 
  Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.12.1/963 - Release Date: 8/20/2007 
5:44 PM

Reply via email to