As others have noted, the #1 plug wire can physically be anywhere on the cap as long as (1) the rotor is set to match and (2) the correct firing order is retained. If memory serves though, the #1 plug wire on the cap is the tower to the left of the point adjustment window as shown in the Chilton's book.
Dale McIntosh <http://www.chevellecd.com> ChevelleCD.com - 1966/67 Chevelle Reference CDs ChevelleStuff.com <http://www.chevellestuff.com> <http://www.chevellecd.com> _____ From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jim & Chris Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 5:58 PM To: Chevelle Forum Subject: [Chevelle-list] ignition I am having a difference of opinion. I had the distributor out and replaced the cap. I had marked the distrbutor before I took it out so it is back to its original position. I cranked the motor to 8 degrees BTDC on the #1 cylinder, pointed the rotor towards the #1 cylinder I then put the I put the respective plug wires clock wise around the cap in there respective firing order 1,8,4,3,6,5,7,2. in the chilton book it shows the #1 plug lead on the distributor being on the passenger side verses being on the driver side with the rotor pointing towards the # 1 cylinder the way I have it set up , but would like to hear what you guys think befoe I fire it up. Jimmy C _____ avast! Antivirus <http://www.avast.com> : Outbound message clean. Virus Database (VPS): 000767-3, 08/21/2007 Tested on: 8/21/2007 9:39:02 PM avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2007 ALWIL Software.

