When I did mine I was putting in a new rear window also.  I had the glass man 
come out and pull the old one out.  With the rear glass out it was much easier 
to work on the rear package shelf.   When I had the shelf in place he came back 
and set the window.  Worked out good.   Also if you have bucket seats, if you 
take out the passenger side bucket it will give you more room to maneuver when 
you take out the rear seat.  I made a tool out of square tubing that is 
t-handled and has a notch on the other end.  This is handy for getting the rear 
seat bottom to release from the catches in the floor.  Also the upper seat back 
will fight you sometimes.  I have had fair success by grabbing the bottom and 
rocking it back and forth while trying to lift up on it.   The fact that you 
are not installing speakers should simplify this project somewhat.     Good 
luck !!
   
                                                         Ted

Frank Gondermann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
                I am looking for some guidance on replacing the package tray on 
my 69 SS.  I have the new one as well as new insulation for underneath.  Any 
guidance on making this job as easy as possible is greatly appreciated.  At 
this time I will not be installing any rear speakers, if that makes a 
difference.
   
  Thanks in advance!
   
  Frank Gondermann
  ACES Member # 7312
  1969 Chevelle SS 



       
---------------------------------
Shape Yahoo! in your own image.  Join our Network Research Panel today!

Reply via email to