  From: Rick Schaefer
  Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 11:02 PM
  Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] 700r4 TV Cable Adjustment

    Mike, I understood what you were saying about WOT.   Several web pages that
I looked at just said to ensure that at WOT, the cable can not pull out
further.   I assume ( we'll see where that gets me) that if the cable is fully
extended then the plunger must be at full travel.  Would that be correct?    I
just hate to drop the tranny pan. On the other hand I'd hate it more to burn up
the tranny.

     bad66 -  The TV cable adjustment is critical.   If its not correct you can
burn up the tranny within just a few miles. Or so I've read on many web pages.
I was looking for info on adjusting it by the pressure readings, but Mike
reminded me of the remove the pan & visually check the plunger method.

      I am concerned right now because I had the TPI system apart and want to
get the TV cable adjustment right.    If you have been driving yours a while &
everything works correctly I'd say that you are close enough.   Do a google
search (there is a LOT on the web)  or read the links that Mike provided
earlier for better info than I can provide.