Yeah hate to say it but most of them would push the rules (even go beyond them 
by a large amount as long as they didn't get caught). But hey it was allot more 
exciting that they do it today. I would like to see them come out with a 
classic series new safety, but make the bodies look like the old racers, maybe 
even have the old drivers race, Like the seniors series in gold, not tell me 
that wouldn't be cool to watch, do a 200 mile race the same weekend as the 
regular race?
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] 
  To: [email protected] 
  Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2007 4:36 PM
  Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Chevelles in nascar in 68-72?


  I've heard stories where guys would coil up fuel line inside the fuel tank 
and then run it all through the roll cage so that it's super long and has that 
much more fuel. I also heard a story that they would check the size of only one 
cylinder, so they would make all the rest bigger except that one. 


  -----Original Message-----
  From: Matthew Post <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  To: The Chevelle Mailing List <[email protected]>
  Sent: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 2:10 pm
  Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Chevelles in nascar in 68-72?


  I always thought that was an impressive "trick".  Not to mention all the 
other bending of the rules by Smokie. 

  At 01:55 PM 11/1/2007, you wrote:

    And it was a 7/8" car, not 3/4." Thats the reason they use templates to 
this day. He was a smart ol' man for sure. 


    -----Original Message-----
    From: Matthew Post <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; The Chevelle Mailing List 
<[email protected]>; 'The Chevelle Mailing List' 
<[email protected]>
    Sent: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 1:30 pm
    Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Chevelles in nascar in 68-72?

    Yeah, I believe it was a '67 though.

    -Matt

    At 01:25 PM 11/1/2007, Jim Buckingham wrote:

      Didn’t Smokie build one??? In fact his was what ¾ sized even.
       
      Jim
       

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
      From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [ mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Carl 
Ziegler
      Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2007 4:19 PM
      To: The Chevelle Mailing List
      Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Chevelles in nascar in 68-72?
       
      Back in those days I remember seeing the larger bodied cars like the 
Impala and such to match the big Charger and Galaxie 500 but I could be wrong.  
Footage is rare before 73 I have found. 

       __________________________________________________
      Do You Yahoo!?
      Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
      http://mail.yahoo.com 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Email and AIM finally together. You've gotta check out free AOL Mail! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Email and AIM finally together. You've gotta check out free AOL Mail!

Reply via email to