What if you remove the body, insert the floorpan, refit to chassis and then do the assembly. It appears to me that by holding the body on the chassis, the chassis acts as a "Jig" to ensure correct fitment and alignment.
Johann Grobler
From Darkest Africa.

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Nasta" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 5:17 PM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Trunk Floors


I have heard that you can't install the full trunk pan while the body is on the frame. It doesn't fit through the top and you can't work around the frame rails underneath either. I have never tried it myself.


Quoting Mike Holleman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I believe Dean said his car is a 65 Convertible. There are no one piece trunks made that I am aware of for the 64/67 Abodys. And Dean, never try to replace any body panel, including floor pans and trunks without the body sitting on the chassis. When I do a frame off, I do all the body panels first while still on the chassis. I will save most of the underside welding for the rotissorie.
Mike Holleman




Reply via email to