I just checked rockauto.com for you.    They have a new drum/drum Bendix M/C
for a 68 Malibu for less than $45.00     and many rebuilds for half that.
Course NEW may have been on the shelf 40+ years.   I "thought"  pushrod
length only varied  if using a Power Booster......the smart folks around
here will have a good answer on that.

--
Rick Schaefer
72 TPI El Camino