Hi Pat
I can not plame you.You are doing the right thing.I was "am" an alcoholic.Clean 
for over 5 years.I hat to hit the bottom before I was able to get up.Helping 
him in anyway is not helping him at all.Praying  for him is the best think.I'm 
thankful to the ones that were praying for me .I will never go back to that.I 
found the Lord in a big way and I will pray that your brother find the love of 
the Lord and changes his live around as I did.All you can do is pray.It sound's 
like you have a fun live.Enjoy.
 
Merry Christmas to all of you from Bruce,Brutus.Sissy andClaudia
The reason for this season?
Happy Birthday Jesus
God bless you all.




________________________________
From: Pat S <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2008 9:41:09 AM
Subject: RE: [Chihuahuas] Suggestion


Hi, 
 
I’m Pat and I live in Hudsonville, Michigan about 20 minutes from Lake 
Michigan.  My hubby and I have been married almost 13 years (2nd marriage for 
both!).  I’ve got 4 kids, Scott, 35, Stephanie, 30, Michelle 28 and Chuck 26.  
Hubby has a son Michael who is 21.  We’ve also got 3 grandkids with another on 
the way.  All our kids are married or out of the house. Hubby and I live on a 
small hobby farm and have 5 ½ acres.
 
I am owned by Nitro, a 6 month old Chi, Jenny, a 6+ year old rescue Great Dane, 
Pebbles, a 1 yr old house cat and Fargo, a 6+ yr old house cat.  In my barn, 
I’ve got 4 cats, Wilma, Olive Oyl, Mortisha and Wednesday.. (We like cartoon 
names and the Adams Family!!).  I’ve also got two gaited Rocky Mountain 
Horses.  King’s Stormy Breeze is almost 3 and Maker’s Liberty Belle is 6.  I 
show my horses when I can and Liberty is due to have a foal in April 2009.
 
We love to do several different things like snowmobile, boat on Lake Michigan, 
4-Wheel on the sand dunes and enjoy the Michigan summers.  We use each season 
to the fullest!  My kids think we are nuts but we have a GREAT time!!!
 
I have a younger brother who is a raging alcoholic, jobless by his own choice, 
and is 2 steps away from being homeless.  My parents and I have done everything 
that we can for him and it’s now time for him to attempt to stand on his own 
two feet.  We’re praying that he can do it and leave the alcohol behind but it 
hasn’t proven to happen so far.  We’ve dealt with his alcoholism for over 10 
years now and there is nothing more that we can do.  According to Al-anon we 
are not doing him any service by helping him but it is difficult not to because 
he is family!  We are having our entire family over for Christmas 
dinner/presents and it remains to be seen whether or not my brother will be 
here.  Any hint of alcohol on his breath and he will not be at my home.  Harsh 
yes, but it’s our reality.
 
Nitro and I hope that everyone here has a Wonder-filled, safe Holiday Season!!
 
Pat 


      

Reply via email to