Hey Claudia Happy 5 years clean and sober!
 
Pat S. I am sorry about your brother.  Sometimes "bottom" doesn't always mean 
"our" bottom.
Yea, it's hard to see a love one go thru such a trial.  The drug and alcohol 
demons just like to
keep the addicts in bondage.  That term live to use and use to live!!  You need 
to love him
at a distance, and feed him with a long handled spoon.  It's frustrating!  I 
know!
I am clean and sober for 15 years....and have gone thru many meetings, 
sponsors, friends alike.
Until I met Jesus - I haven't gone to meetings any more, but continue to 
practice the principals
in all of my affairs.
I am grateful today!!  Thank you for sharing - I pray your brother will begin 
to open his eyes
to sobriety!
 
 
 
                                                                                
             Gloria C. 
 "Merry Christmas"  "Have a Blessed 2009"
"Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you.
He is Christ the Lord"  
Luke 2:11

To: [email protected]: [email protected]: Wed, 24 Dec 
2008 09:46:49 -0600Subject: RE: [Chihuahuas] Suggestion





Thanks Claudia!
 
I do appreciate the support to help my family “deal” with this.  It’s 
especially hard this time of year, when family is supposed to be close and 
together.  We thought my brother had hit the bottom more than once, but no one 
really knows where his “bottom” is.  He’s slept under bridges, lived in a 
homeless shelter and eaten from the soup kitchens because he can’t stay sober 
enough to work.  He IS a Christian and that makes it even more difficult to 
understand.
 
Thank you again!  And Congrats on your 5 years of sobriety!! 
Pat S
SW Michigan
 


From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf 
Of Claudia WernerSent: Wednesday, December 24, 2008 9:06 AMTo: 
[email protected]: Re: [Chihuahuas] Suggestion
 





Hi Pat

I can not plame you.You are doing the right thing.I was "am" an alcoholic.Clean 
for over 5 years.I hat to hit the bottom before I was able to get up.Helping 
him in anyway is not helping him at all.Praying  for him is the best think.I'm 
thankful to the ones that were praying for me .I will never go back to that.I 
found the Lord in a big way and I will pray that your brother find the love of 
the Lord and changes his live around as I did.All you can do is pray.It sound's 
like you have a fun live.Enjoy. 
Merry Christmas to all of you from Bruce,Brutus.Sissy and Claudia
The reason for this season?
Happy Birthday JesusGod bless you all.

 

 




From: Pat S <[email protected]>To: [email protected]: 
Wednesday, December 24, 2008 9:41:09 AMSubject: RE: [Chihuahuas] Suggestion


Hi, 
 
Iʼm Pat and I live in Hudsonville, Michigan about 20 minutes from Lake 
Michigan.  My hubby and I have been married almost 13 years (2nd marriage for 
both!).  Iʼve got 4 kids, Scott, 35, Stephanie, 30, Michelle 28 and Chuck 26.  
Hubby has a son Michael who is 21.  Weʼve also got 3 grandkids with another on 
the way.  All our kids are married or out of the house. Hubby and I live on a 
small hobby farm and have 5 ½ acres.
 
I am owned by Nitro, a 6 month old Chi, Jenny, a 6+ year old rescue Great Dane, 
Pebbles, a 1 yr old house cat and Fargo, a 6+ yr old house cat.  In my barn, 
Iʼve got 4 cats, Wilma, Olive Oyl, Mortisha and Wednesday. (We like cartoon 
names and the Adams Family!!).  Iʼve also got two gaited Rocky Mountain Horses. 
 Kingʼs Stormy Breeze is almost 3 and Makerʼs Liberty Belle is 6.  I show my 
horses when I can and Liberty is due to have a foal in April 2009.
 
We love to do several different things like snowmobile, boat on Lake Michigan, 
4-Wheel on the sand dunes and enjoy the Michigan summers.  We use each season 
to the fullest!  My kids think we are nuts but we have a GREAT time!!!
 
I have a younger brother who is a raging alcoholic, jobless by his own choice, 
and is 2 steps away from being homeless.  My parents and I have done everything 
that we can for him and itʼs now time for him to attempt to stand on his own 
two feet.  Weʼre praying that he can do it and leave the alcohol behind but it 
hasnʼt proven to happen so far.  Weʼve dealt with his alcoholism for over 10 
years now and there is nothing more that we can do.  According to Al-anon we 
are not doing him any service by helping him but it is difficult not to because 
he is family!  We are having our entire family over for Christmas 
dinner/presents and it remains to be seen whether or not my brother will be 
here.  Any hint of alcohol on his breath and he will not be at my home.  Harsh 
yes, but itʼs our reality.
 
Nitro and I hope that everyone here has a Wonder-filled, safe Holiday Season!!
 
Pat
 

 




Reply via email to