I think the long coats have hair like humans and the short hair is fur.



--- On Mon, 10/4/10, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:

From: [email protected] <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] Long haired vs short
To: [email protected]
Date: Monday, October 4, 2010, 7:15 PM

Emiliano lives indoors, he goes out to play for short periods of time, and to pottie.  I brush him once a week and would you believe the short coats shed more than the long coats?  The only issue is that when I bathe him, it does take longer to brush and dry him.  Other than that, he's low maintenance.
 
Gloria
 
In a message dated 10/4/2010 8:41:22 P.M. Central Daylight Time, [email protected] writes:


BEAUTIFUL dog. Is it hard to keep up with his shedding? I see you have him outside. Is he an in and out dog?  If "in" how do you keep up with his shedding?
I'm the newbie that has the little "twofer" dog. Nice short smooth coat on the top/hairless on the bottom!! (He's getting 'way better thanks to all y'all). 
So with the longer haired chi's is it a problem?
 
 
 
And long coats have varying degrees of coat.  Some have a sparse coat, some a medium coat (which I think is what Emiliano has) and some have heavy coats, a real fur ball!
 
Gloria
 
 
 

Reply via email to