I personally don't like slip collars sometimes they work, I've trained pitbulls 
before didn't have much luck in that kind of training. I had better luck with 
petsmart or positive training then with corrective training... I just git my 
first chi mix about four months ago soo I'm not sure about that... You might 
look to  see if there are classes for small dogs



-- Sent from my Palm Pre
On Oct 19, 2010 12:27 PM, wistagirl1 <[email protected]> wrote: 


 



  


    
      
      
      
Hi, I'm a new member of this group. About five months ago we adopted our

Chihuahua, Delia from a shelter. She has been so much fun, and gets

along great with our three cats. We recently started a basic obedience

class. She is the only little dog in the class, and it's a bit

challenging because we can't use a slip collar for correction like they

do on the large dogs. Part of last night's lesson was to lie down or the

"down" command. The trainer told us that it's very difficult to teach

little dogs to lie down. Have any of you successfully trained your Chi

to lie down?





    
     

    
    






  
  
  







Reply via email to