Or sit on the floor and place your feet on the floor with your knees up
(make a bridge) put the treat through the gap and they will lie down to
reach it.  Learned this from Victoria Stilwell.  I followed her advice when
teaching Bogie to sit and had him sitting right away. Now all I have to do
is raise my arm in an elbow bend and he sits.  

  _____  

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On
Behalf Of OKreationZ
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 3:46 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] Training Question






Put your chi in the sit postion.. Take your treat and bring it from the
chi's nose to the floor and out away from her.. While saying down.. They
actually get it pretty quickly.. Though I have one that will not lay down on
tile . Lol.. 
 
Huggles
Pat in OK
 
(PS.. My dogs trained with the big boys and NO ONE in our class used a slip
collar.. I think they are cruel) 
 
 
 
 
-------Original Message-------
 
From: wistagirl1 <mailto:[email protected]> 
Date: 10/19/2010 2:09:21 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Chihuahuas] Training Question
 
Hi, I'm a new member of this group. About five months ago we adopted our
Chihuahua, Delia from a shelter. She has been so much fun, and gets
along great with our three cats. We recently started a basic obedience
class. She is the only little dog in the class, and it's a bit
challenging because we can't use a slip collar for correction like they
do on the large dogs. Part of last night's lesson was to lie down or the
"down" command. The trainer told us that it's very difficult to teach
little dogs to lie down. Have any of you successfully trained your Chi
to lie down?
 
 
 
 
------------------------------------
 
" Lets talk about our wonderful little friends!
Join today! " Yahoo! Groups Links
 
 
 

                        



Attachment: SENDER_EMAILmskitty58@yahoo@@com.png
Description: unknown/unknown

<<attachment: puppies_anim.gif>>

Reply via email to