My personal opinion and I know that probably most won't agree is that if a 
muzzle
won't work or you don't want to use it,   and if a private (come to your house) 
trainer
is out of the question (I know they are expensive)....   and you feel you have 
no option
but to find Rikki another home...   don't feel guilty.    That won't do anyone 
any good.

I am so so sorry that you are going through this.    It isn't easy, we had a 
standard
schnauzer who would be friendly one minute and nip the next.  She only broke the
skin one time and I'm fully aware that she was giving warnings because she was
so precise.  She could have torn them up if she wanted to.   Anyway, she 
actually
drew blood on our son-in-law and I had no more patience for her....   got the 
vet
to help us find another home.  Guess if I had it to do over I would have gotten 
her
a muzzle first...   AND, it turns out she was right not to like our sil <LOL>   
 
she 

was smarter than we were, I guess <G>

Anyway, best of luck with your little guy.    and hugs...    mj





________________________________
From: Kavi <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Sun, October 24, 2010 9:54:46 AM
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] Ricky Needs A New Home, He Is To Aggressive With 
Family :(

  
Hi MJ
Ricky is always fine after he gets angry. He wanted to be loved by my daughter 
soon after, but of course her hand was hurting and so was her pride, and 
feelings. She is always kind & gentle to Ricky... 


Shanna

--- On Sun, 10/24/10, mj turner <[email protected]> wrote:


>From: mj turner <[email protected]>
>Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] Ricky Needs A New Home, He Is To Aggressive With 
>Family :(
>To: [email protected]
>Date: Sunday, October 24, 2010, 8:53 AM
>
>
>  
>Hi Shanna,
>   How are things wiith Rikki this morning?    Sometimes after a good vent 
>things
>look a bit brighter.   I hope that is the case for you and Rikki.    Everyone 
>here
>cares, I can see that.   There are good suggestions for you to pick and choose
>which might possibly work best for you.
>    Take care.    mj
>
>
>
>
>
>
________________________________
 From: Kavi <[email protected]>
>To: [email protected]
>Sent: Sat, October 23, 2010 9:21:14 PM
>Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] Ricky Needs A New Home, He Is To Aggressive With 
>Family :(
>
>  
>hi
>
>Ricky was fixed just before I adopted him. In fact, he still had his stitches 
>in 
>when I took him home. I really feel bad for my daughter that Ricky bit her 
>like 
>that. I told my daughter that her and her boyfriend are not always going to 
>live 
>with me, and that if she just not bother Ricky, then things will be ok. She 
>got 
>a kitten 2 weeks ago because she said Ricky does not like her and she wanted a 
>pet of her own. So I agreed with it. As upset as I was earlier right after the 
>biting, I really know I can not give Ricky up. He was already given up by one 
>family that I know of. I'm feeling sick to my stomach just thinking about it. 
>And Ricky has no idea that his biting is not good. He just does what he thinks 
>he should do at the time. I see in my mind all those poor dogs in the 
>kennel... 
>sad faces, given up. I do not know what would happend to him in another 
>home. How many has he been in? I dont know. I have had to learn his ways as he 
> 
>has had to learn mine. 
>
>someone on this list asked what Ricky is eating. for the first month, he was 
>not 
>eating any dog food at all. I ended up cooking meat for him just to get him to 
>eat. and as most of you know he was very very underweight when I got him. 
>ribs, 
>hip bones and spine showing. He is now at a pretty good weight but I would 
>like 
>to see a bit more meat on his spine. He eats and loves the "Freshpet Select" 
>dog 
>food.  Its the only dog food he will eat. He does not like or eat any dry dog 
>food. 
>
>
>I thank you all for allowing me to vent here... and I know some of you are 
>having worse problems than me, with dogs being sick, hurting, etc. I really 
>feel 
>for you. I know you all do the best for your dogs as you can to keep them 
>healthy, happy, and pain free as possible. 
>
>
>I just feel a bit lost right now. I need a few days to relax and my daughter 
>to 
>relax. 
>
>
>shanna
>
> 
>
>
>
>--- On Sat, 10/23/10, Nancy Lucky <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
>>From: Nancy Lucky <[email protected]>
>>Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] Ricky Needs A New Home, He Is To Aggressive With 
>>Family :(
>>To: [email protected]
>>Date: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 6:54 PM
>>
>>
>>  
>>Shanna,
>>I am so sorry and know how you feel my little Sami started off that way, when 
>>he 
>>was only 8 weeks old and I have him his first bath he growled at me. I worked 
>>with a trainer and learned how to get him to stop. He thought he owned me as 
>>we 
>>were the only people in my home and he was my whole world. He also bit my 
>>grandkids a few times when he was a baby but not hard and I held him on his 
>>back 
>>and pinched his neck like a mother would do and then have my grandkids come 
>>and 
>>sit next to him while I had him under my control. I would give him food and 
>>he 
>>would have to surrender it to the kids it took a long time. He eventually 
>>loved 
>>them and all my friends. He was always just my baby and since we lived alone 
>>we 
>>got it under control. Sadly, Sami died of some type of congential disease 
>>when 
>>he was only a little pass 2 - very quickly gone. I feel now that God choose 
>>me 
>>to be his mommy because I am not sure someone else would of taken the time I 
>>did. I still  miss him everyday. Ricky would probably be perfect for a single 
>>woman living alone and she could crate him or but him in another room when 
>>others came over. Again, I am so sorry and best of luck finding him a home.
>>Blessings and Hugs, Nancy and the girls
>>
>>
>>
>>--- On Sat, 10/23/10, Kavi <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>From: Kavi <[email protected]>
>>>Subject: [Chihuahuas] Ricky Needs A New Home, He Is To Aggressive With 
>>>Family 
>>:(
>>>To: "Chihuahuas" <[email protected]>
>>>Date: Saturday, October 23, 2010, 5:17 PM
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>Hi Everyone
>>>
>>>Well, I have tried to work with Ricky for his aggressive behavior towards 
>>>family 
>>>members, but its gone to far today. My 19 year old daughter was putting his 
>>>t-shirt on, then went to pick him up and he totally became angry and grabbed 
>>>her 
>>>hand between the thumb and finger and would not let go. He broke the skin on 
>>>her 
>>>hand. The other day he tried to bite my husband when he went to pet him. I 
>>>am 
>>>the ONLY one Ricky will not be angry with. But my family can not live in 
>>>fear of 
>>>a dog. I have never had a chihuahua before, or a dog that was aggressive in 
>>>any 
>>>way. 
>>>
>>>I will be looking for a qualified home for him where its just one adult that 
>>>does not have much company. That is about the only place he could live. He 
>>>is 
>>>just unpredictable as to what will set him off. 
>>>
>>>I will not take him back to the ASPCA... I am not sure if I can find the 
>>>right 
>>>home for him even. As much as I love him, my family must come first. If  
>>>anyone 
>>>has any ideas or places I can call, please let me know. He is 4  years old 
>>>and I 
>>>guess just set in his ways. I have had him not even 3 months yet. I might 
>>>see 
>>>about a chihuahua rescue. :):) 
>>>
>>>
>>>Shanna
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> 
>>>
>>> 
>>>
>>>
>>>  
> 

 

Reply via email to