Dolly & Desi are not mean.but some people scare them either due to what they
are wearing, the tone of their voice, and even they can sense if someone is
not nice or if they are afraid of dogs.

If I have the Protection One guy come for something, Dolly & Desi will bark
and bark - until I tell that this nice man has come to check on ?????.  Then
I just tell that stranger to just say hello to them, and then Dolly & Desi
go scampering off.  I think they are protecting their Mommy.either that or
their house!  LOL

 

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On
Behalf Of C.M.
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2012 4:09 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] cranky behaviot

 

  

How did you teach him not to growl at people? My boy won't let anybody get
near him except me. When people come over, he barks his head off and nips at
their heels, but calms down in a little bit. How can I fix that?

When I take him to the vet, I have to open his mouth so the doc can see his
teeth. When I adopted him from the shelter, they said they couldn't exam him
because he was too fierce and wouldn't allow it.

You know, "writing this out loud" makes him sound like a little terror, but
he's not really. He's protecting his property and his mom. But at the same
time, shouldn't he be more calm once people are welcomed inside?

C.

 

From: Pam Dean <[email protected]>
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]> 
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2012 2:46 PM
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] cranky behaviot

My little one is a little skitzy about people sticking their faces in
hers..Perhaps because he is very tiny and fearful.  Sees it as a sign of
aggression.  He is fine with me..probably a mix of trust and being alpha but
a little skitzy with others.  I have taught him, however, no growling and
aggression with any human, but you can tell he doesn't much like and I warn
people.


 



<<image001.jpg>>

<<image002.jpg>>

Reply via email to