UPDATE FROM THE GUIDE TO CHODOSH

News as of Sept 1 03

Important new information is being received almost daily now. The Guide can not be published until all required information has been received. We currently estimate that the Guide will be ready around September 15. Meanwhile we plan to disseminate information on a frequent basis via E mail and news recordings on the voice Hot Line (845-356-5743). If you find the frequent E mails annoying, you may unsubscribe from the E mail list, as described below.

NEW ADDRESS FOR ORDERING THE GUIDE TO CHODOSH

Those who wish to order the 3 printed issues of the Guide to be printed through the season should send a check for $15 to our new address. (This address is only for subscription-related matters.) Project Chodosh subscriptions, PO Box 297279, Brooklyn, NY 11229.

Our current preliminary date estimates follow:

Freshly baked products in local bakeries such as breads, challehs, rolls, bagels probably Chodosh starting: Sept 1 in the East and Far West, Aug 15 in the Mid West.

Packaged foods containing wheat, other than pasta: Probably Yoshon if packed before Aug 15. Probably Yoshon if purchased up to Sept 5. After that package codes have to be used.

Packaged pasta probably safe if packed before Sept 15, probably safe to purchase up to Oct 6. After that package codes have to be used.

Foods containing oats probably safe if packed up to Sept 23, probably safe to purchase up to Oct 14. After that package codes have to be used.

Foods containing barley (other than malt) probably safe if packed up to Sept 15, probably safe to purchase up to Oct 6. After that package codes have to be used.

SPECIFIC BRAND INFORMATION

The following are cutoff packing dates for specific products.

Barley: Benco, Trinidad, Peak, Jack Rabbit Chodosh packing date Sept 15. Arrowhead Dec. 1.

Oats Chodosh packing dates: Quaker-Aug 21, ConAgra, -Sept 21, Arrowhead-Sept 23, Maypo-Oct 1, General Mills (Cheerios, etc.)-Oct 20.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] Then if you wish to resume receiving these messages from your new service, send a message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

You can request several reports by sending an E-mail message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Then in the body of the message type the command: "get" (without the quotes) followed by the name of the file that you want. Type each request on a new line. Make sure that you copy the file name exactly as spelled including capital letters. These reports are now available:

get Guidelines.txt

This gets a long report on Guidelines to Mashgichim on Chodosh. This has not been updated in the last two years, but is still substantially valid.

get News.txt

This gives the latest news bulletin, such as this note.

Project Chodosh is an independent activity, not affiliated with any movement

or organization. We thank the Jewish Internet Fund (JIF) for allowing us to use

their E mail distribution services. The JIF provides free email

and web hosting to Jewish education and outreach organizations.