Mac users, help me test out GYP's integration with gclient.  Please
add this to the end of your .gclient file, which lives in the parent
of your "src" directory:

hooks = [
  { "pattern": "\\.gypi?$",
    "action": ["python", "src/tools/gyp/gyp", "src/build/all.gyp"],
  }
]

This tells gclient to run GYP any time a .gyp or .gypi file changes.
(.gypi files are ones that get included into other .gyp files.)

gclient will run GYP during sync and revert operations as needed.
When you check out an updated .gyp file, you'll wind up with a
corresponding updated .xcodeproj.  I'm also planning on adding
something to process hooks on files that you have modified in your own
tree.  Until then, you'll still need to run GYP manually when you
change .gyp files to get your Xcode projects regenerated.  Just use
the command I sent out before, run ../tools/gyp/gyp from the src/build
directory.

This .gclient modification is temporary.  When we go live with this,
within the next few days, the hook will move into the DEPS file, so
you won't need to specify it manually.  At that point, I'll ask
everyone who has put the hook in their .gclient to remove it.

Mark