On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 12:28 PM, Peter Kasting <pkast...@google.com> wrote:
> Please let me know if you understand this patch enough to make appropriate
> changes, and how to coordinate landing various bits so I don't break anyone.
> PK

I patched this in and started fixing things and ended up writing the
reverse of your patch.

Myabe you want to #ifdef around your changes?

I don't get why you want to do this. We have this situation:

X sends an expose message to us
We ask for a BackingStore
We don't have one, so we start a timed wait on the renderer to send us a paint
We get the paint, so we create the backing store and copy the bitmap to it.
With your patch:
  We then call back into GTK to invalidate the rect again! Error!

Your comment suggests that you want to do more than invalidate in
DidPaintRect because of WM_PAINT starvation. I don't get how this
helps you. In the case that you're talking about, we're dealing with a
message from the renderer without the expose handling on the stack and
then that guard that you removed doesn't even come into play.

AGL