On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 10:37 AM, Pam Greene <p...@chromium.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 4:29 PM, Jeremy Orlow <jor...@chromium.org> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 4:00 PM, Peter Kasting <pkast...@chromium.org>wrote:
>>
>>> On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 8:07 PM, Jeremy Orlow <jor...@chromium.org>wrote:
>>>
>>  There are different reasons for failing.  A layout test could be failing
>>>>

>>> Why?  Unless the earlier failure has been fixed we can't rebaseline the
>>> test.  (I ran into a number of tests like this when doing my rebaselining
>>> pass.)  What is the point of looking again?
>>>

>> In case the new failure is more serious than the earlier one.
>>

> True. But I don't think this will happen often, and I'd rather devote the
> time to fixing the tests.

The end goal is to be in a state where we have near zero failing tests that
are not for unimplemented features. And new failures from the merge get
addressed within a week.

Once we're at that point, would this new infrastructure be useful? I
completely support infrastructure that sustainably supports us being at near
zero failing tests (e.g. the rebaseline tool). All infrastructure/process
has a maintenance cost though.

Ojan