On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 12:49:22PM -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Jacob Mandelson <ja...@mandelson.org> wrote:
> >> I don't think we should require contributors to have access to all
> >> platforms, but they do need to be aware of and responsible for them all.
> >
> > There is internal dispute about this then.  Evan Stade and Dan Kegel
> > considered me to be violating policy by not doing local Visual Studio
> > builds myself.
>
> Not really.  I suggested you get a windows machine because you're
> a googler, and it's easy for you.  I don't think contributors
> in general are required to have all three platforms locally.

... And then we got in a long discussion about whether the policy that
external contributors need to have built their patches against all three
platforms was adequately disclosed or not.

I must admit I'm suffering cognitive dissonance now that after that you're
telling me all long it wasn't the policy.

       -- Jacob