I think Ben meant that the javascript would have to come from a user-click
(just like for popups), which I totally support.
For what it's worth, I think it will be better for the page to provide
in-context discovery of this (in Gmail settings, for example), rather than
force the user to discover an out-of-page UI. I really don't see this
happening very often, so I'm not particularly worried about it being
annoying.

-Nick