On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 3:46 PM, Dimitri Glazkov <dglaz...@chromium.org>wrote:

> Based on the feedback, it sounds like we need to take the approach
> with LTTF team adding more resources on cleaning up the bottom of the
> test_expectations file (i.e. stuff recently added by the gardeners).
>
> It is still the gardener's responsibility to take care of the
> rebaselines, right? What should they do with the rest? File bugs? Mark
> as BUG_LTTF?

I agree with the need to have some method of assigning failed tests and have
someone fix them soon.  I'm not sure the sheriff is the best person for the
reasons given above.  However one thing that I think we need to be very
diligent in is assigning bugs to the correct person.  The sheriff usually
creates bugs, but often they may not have an owner, the owner might be left
to the default which is themselves, etc.  The person who owns that area is
then unaware that tests in their area is failing.

I wish that any bugs that are created, whether because of a failing layout
test or a Chrome unit test, must have an owner.  This shouldn't take much
time by going through the svn log or asking on #chromium.