As promised, I have been in touch with the House Team at Chartwell and they
confirm that there is little relating to butterflies (aside from the Butterfly
House in the garden that I omitted to mention) either on display or in the
archives in the House itself at Chartwell.

This is the response I received..

"Sadly we have very little in the collection that relates to butterflies, there
is a small identification book on his desk and a photographic image of a
butterfly in store but other than that I have not seen any other pieces.

I fear it may have been a bit of artistic licence on the part of the film crew,
but there is still occasional talk about his collection but no one has ever
pinned it down to a location (forgive the phrase!)."

I trust this information is of interest. If anyone would like more information
about the history of the Butterfly House I can provide this, either to the
Group or PM.