I have just been given a copy of "Churchill: The End of Glory - A Political
Biography" (Teach Yourself) 7 Jan 1993 by John Charmley and am obliged to
say that it has the most confused index I have ever come across or maybe I
was just having a bad night when I started to read it.  It may be idle
scholarship on my part but when I open a book that is new to me the first
thing that I do is look through the index to see if it contains matters
that I consider it should and the next thing I check is the bibliography.
In this book I looked for Singapore and when I could not find that I then
looked for Lieutenant - General Arthur Ernest Percival but could not find
any mention of him either.

I wonder if anyone on this forum has read the book and if so did they find
what I missed?