Dear Friends:

Back to the Home Page www.akha.org

The Appeal to the Queen of Thailand video is there. As
well as a statement to UNESCO and a discussion of
their website.

I do some oil painting as I have time, and so I put
the first one up on the website for sale. Michu and
the kids will get some more artwork of theirs to put
up and maybe some other Akha may put some artwork up
here too.

Did you see that? Marijuana is now the US's biggest
crop?

More than corn and wheat?

And to think that the DEA was busy busting little old
Akhas for some opium in Laos, and the US is the
biggest Narco State out there according to David
Alexander's stats on Reuters news.

Also worth noting since American missionaries and
others were always using the excuse that the FATHERS
were involved in drugs so it justified taking the kids
away.

ACF hasn't coughed up their English report yet.

There is a book out, The King Never Smiles, about
Thailand and the Royalty. Interesting reading. Since
we continue to fight to help the Akha get back the
land of Hooh Yoh and since the Royals are always
taking more and more hilltribe land.

Have a good week.

Matthew McDaniel

The Akha Heritage Foundation.