On 2010-05-14 20:21, Gordon Ross wrote:
I'm using snv_b134 and when I enter
$ mount -F smbfs "//WORKGROUP;usern...@hostname/share" /mnt/subdir/

I get:

mount: //HOSTNAME/share: tree connect failed: syserr = Not enough
space

what's wrong? How do I fix/overcome this issue?
The message "tree connect failed" generally means the
server refused your request to "map" the share.  That
usually implies some kind of authorization problem,
i.e. you ended up with a "guest" login and the share
permissions don't allow connection by guest, etc.

You could look at the server side with the MMC when
you're connected to see what identity you have there.
Also look at the share permissions.

If that doesn't turn up anything obvious, the next step
would be to get a network trace and look at the details
of the session setup and tree connect operations.

The shares I wish to mount in OSOL are on a Windows XP-x64 computer, they are configured to allow other users on the network to access them without any particular authentication. I cannot find any information on specific permissions for the shared folders I'm trying to access, I don't know how this is done on a Windows system, there is no such information in the "Computer Management" tool (compmgmt.msc). However, the shares I fail to mount in OSOL can be mounted without problems on other windows based computers.

I don't know how to commence a network trace in OSOL for troubleshooting this kind of issue, perhaps you could guide me.

Kind Regards

- Robin.