If you provide the full *binary* snoop output, it'd be more useful.

Afshin

On 07/ 2/10 08:56 AM, Ryan John wrote:
Hi,

I have a problem on a CIFS share, that I can only reproduce with MATLAB
running on Windows.

I know very little about MATLAB, so I can’t tell what it’s trying to do.

Running a MATLAB application that tries to load images from a folder
sometimes doesn’t load the images.

If I access the images first, by running Windows explorer in the
directory, or running `find` or touch –a, then MATLAB usually loads the
images.

The only thing I can do is snoop the traffic, and I see, what appears to
me as strange, and wonder if it could be the problem.

Windows -> Solaris SMB C Code=0x32 Name=SMBtrans2 Findfirst
File=\MATLABdir\IMAGES\<.IMAG Error=0

Could the “<” be causing a problem?

I’m running snv_134

Needless to say, it works fine if the files are on a local filesystem or
Samba share.

I’m a bit baffled with this one.

Regards

John