On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 2:38 PM, Marc Steinlein <m...@contact.de> wrote:
>> I wasn't referring to permissions, but to /var being mounted
>> read-only.  You're using 151a, so /var shouldn't be mounted read-only
>> (you must be using ZFS root, and ZFS starts with / and /var mounted
>> read-write).  Do you have a separate /var from /?  Are there
>> customizations on your system that might cause a separate /var to be
>> mounted read-only for a while at boot time?
>
> No, sorry, there are (AFAIK) no settings in my system, which seperate /var
> from /, or mount /var read-only at boot-time.
>
> root@tom:/test2# df /var
> Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
> rpool/ROOT/solaris-1 253256991   2905580 250351411   2% /
>
> I have no idea, which setting can enforce /var to mount read-only at system
> boot.

There's no reason that I can think of for why this is failing for you
at boot time -- yes, a read-only / or /var would do it, but that can't
be happening here.  Hopefully someone from Oracle can look into this.
If you're a paying customer then you know what to do :)  and if not,
well, we'll see.

Nico