Carl Karsten wrote:
Richard Spindler wrote:
2008/5/9 Jan Jockusch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
I now have a ShuttlePro2.  building c-cv cvs.  where is this patch you
speak of?

Your dmesg looks fine. I've attached the patch. But I guess it won't work
out of the box.

To find out about your controller, please run 'aconnect -l -i' and see if
you can find your device.

You should also be able to find an according '/dev/snd/midiCxDx' device
node.

I think the Shuttle is detected as a HID (=Human Interface Device)
rather than a midi device. There is some kind of tool though that
translates the signals that a shuttle generates to midi. It was made
for ardour which can be controlled through midi too I think. it is
available here:

http://www.helsinki.fi/~stsavola/software/

looks reasonable...

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/src/sxpress/sxpress-0.1$ ./sxpress
/dev/input/event0: Permission denied
Error opening device
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/src/sxpress/sxpress-0.1$ sudo ./sxpress
[sudo] password for juser:
Device opened (Macintosh mouse button emulation)

turn nob, spin wheel, push buttons...  don't see anything... now what?

now I plug into mom's mac, install some 'driver' like thing that makes it work with iMovie and now she wants it. so for now she gets it and I'll either get another, or maybe get the express or some other brand that doesn't have such a large footprint.

Carl K