Raffaella
The only way I have found to move the image in the compositor window when in 'zoom' mode is by' middle click/mouse ball'

In other words, when the image is bounded by a white box (as opposed to red or green) I can move it around with middle click/mouse ball.
I use a Logitech Trackball type of mouse.

I'm a bit stuffed because my daily rushes are all .mov . The time to transcode all of then for the sake of sound is beyond me. But the fact that both Mplayer and PiTiVi play .mov files - image and sound - on Ubuntu Lucid Lynx is frustrating. Lynx is OK to play but not Cinelerra.... !

Regards
Daf