After reading the Handy Tutorial, Install Cinelerra in Ubuntu 12.04 &
12.10http://handytutorial.com/install-cinelerra-in-ubuntu-12-04-12-10/
I decided that it would be best to install the CV version on my newly installed
Ubuntu 12.10.However, when I tried to do so following the instructions in the
tutorial, I get the following error message:Some packages could not be
installed. This may mean that you haverequested an impossible situation or if
you are using the unstabledistribution that some required packages have not yet
been createdor been moved out of Incoming.The following information may help
resolve the situation:
The following packages have unmet dependencies: cinelerra-cv : Depends:
libguicast1 (= 1:2.2-0.6~ppa1~quantal1) but 1:2.2-0.12~ppa1~quantal1 is to be
installed                Depends: libmpeg3cine (= 1:2.2-0.6~ppa1~quantal1) but
1:2.2-0.12~ppa1~quantal1 is to be installed                Depends:
libquicktimecine (= 1:2.2-0.6~ppa1~quantal1) but 1:2.2-0.12~ppa1~quantal1 is to
be installedE: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken
packages.----------------------I then decided to just install the other version
(sudo apt-get install cinelerra) after adding that repository. It seemed to
install OK.
Which version is recommended?  Of course, if I want to use it, my only option
is the non-CV version.  Is this problem a bug which needs to be fixed, or is
there something different that I should be doing?
Thanks for any suggestions/advice.