________________________________
 From: Basil Chupin <blchu...@iinet.net.au>
To: cinelerra@skolelinux.no
Sent: Monday, November 5, 2012 5:02:17 AM
Subject: Re: [CinCV] Cinelerra vs Cinelerra-CV

On 05/11/12 20:26, Sean M. Pappalardo wrote:

On 11/3/2012 9:24 PM, Nicola Ferralis wrote:

>https://launchpad.net/~cinelerra-ppa/+archive/ppa
>>
>>I created the cinelerra-cv  PPA repository for cases where
        multiple
>>version of cinelerra repositories were to be installed. However,
        that
>>created much trouble and the cinelerra-cv is now deprecated, and
        out of
>>date.
>>
>Does this apply to everyone? Like is the CV version itself no
      longer maintained and we should all use Heroine's version 4.x? If
      that's not the case, for those of us running straight Debian, is
      deb-multimedia still the recommended place to get the packages?

>Thanks for the clarification.

The CV is being developed day-by-day and is always ahead, in one
    way, of the heroinewarrier (v4.4) because hw only takes from CV what
    it considers to be relevant to it aims.

What your problem is is that the CV is not being compiled from
    source file for Ubuntu. On the other hand, I am using openSUSE and I
    have the very latest Cinelerra CV - released only a day or so ago -
    readily available (and installed).

BC
I am using Ubuntu 12.10 and would not want to change distributions simply to be
able to use Cinelerra-CV. I am getting the impression that the CV version is
not being kept up to date for Ubuntu, and perhaps not for many other
distributions such as Debian.  Is that correct? If so, I guess I will have to
stick with the HW Version.
Murray