From: blchu...@iinet.net.au
To: cinelerra@skolelinux.no
Subject: Re: [CinCV] Cinelerra vs Cinelerra-CV
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 15:20:16 +1100

    On 06/11/12 03:03, Nicola Ferralis
      wrote:

      BC

        Once again, the current cinelerra PPA is compiled from source
        (CV) for Ubuntu, in fact it is for pretty much every recent
        release. The current binaries are based on the codebase 2.2 with
        the recent patches. I am not sure why you keep saying that CV is
        not compiled from source for CV.

        I have no interest nor motivation to make another ppa for the
        HW, maybe someone else can take that task. When time will allow
        me, I will try to modify the package names to reflect that what
        is in the PPA really is cinelerra-cv.

        NF

    Ummm, what would you compile it from other than the source?  :-)

    I looked at this-

    http://cinelerra.org/getting_cinelerra.php

    which shows that Cinelerra CV has not been compiled for Ubuntu for
    quite some time - but I got my copy updated only a few hours ago
    with the latest update release made available only some 4 hours ago
    (at the time of writing this).

    BC

    --
Using openSUSE 12.2 x86_64 KDE 4.9.2 & kernel 3.6.5-1 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor