I think Michael has a point; nothing happened to Cinelerra cv for how long ? The simple fact he grabbed the domain shows that nobody was sadly following up on the project, including me ! A lot of development and efforts (documentation, .deb or rpms) have been put into the project, there has been at least 2 important (to me) plugins (blue banana and C41) which have been released and nowhere to be seen on, for say, packman repos because there is no one to put them into an official git repo. There is probably more code that is missing out.

Grab the gits : Well really ? I am not a developer and I don't crack a woody compiling code. I can't bother spending endless hours trying to figure out how to compile them and why it works on Ubuntu and not Debian etc... How many people are put off by this step ? Most people I know here in Wellington can't bother getting into the code side of things. They just want a software that works. Why do you think Mac platforms are so popular for video editing?

Now... what is the point of having several gits with plenty of new code to be ignored by main distros ??? People are afraid of many cinelerra cv versions ? Well, it's already done isn't it ?

Conversely if it is to turn the cv version into a commercial venture, then there is the version from A. Williams who has been complaining of being flat broke for the last many years. So Michael if that's the case and since you seem to know Adam why don't you work with him on his version ? This is where I don't understand your interest in the CV project.

Alternative ? there is Kdenlive but nowhere as efficient (no renderfarm, video specific formats, low end colour correction, crappy stabilisation, limited colour space etc ..) As for Lumiera... I hope it's not gonna be obsolete by the time it is released.
Blender ?? Good luck ...

That was an end user point of view.

Cheers
Ed