Hi,

I'm not sure how Mr. Montgomery essentially saying 'let's wait and see' is
either insecure or any sort of 'screed' to take offense to. I'm also not
sure what all the negative comments are good for with regards to the
existing developers and those who have supported the new CV domain and
hosting during a period of uncertainty with fractured communications
exacerbated by a malfunctioning mailing list.

Is improvement and 'new life' needed in this project... unequivocally yes!
Are some more current and effective means for both developers and users to
access information needed...absolutely!

I for one am deeply appreciative for all of the core developers and
supporters of the CV branch whose hard work and determination have made
Cinelerra accessible and usable to myself and numerous others for years
now especially during the years when Mr. Williams despite his obvious
brilliance seemed completely ambivalent to whether people could use and
enjoy his work for themselves...

People naturally fear the unknown, the people that are left and still
reading this are here because they love Cinelerra and therefore I don't
think it should come as too much of a surprise (or be taken personally at
all) that there is some concern about what the intentions of the owner of
their former domain are...

I think everyone in both camps should cut each other a bit of slack and
think about what is best for both branches of Cinelerra in the future,
that is just an opinion from a supporter, distributor and packager of
Cinelerra-CV so take it or leave it,

Best Regards, Glen MacArthur - AV Linux Maintainer