Is your laptop tagging ISL?  Unless a trunk is setup between the router
and switch and your configured for ISL over that trunk and tag your port
the Laptop is plugged into you won't be able to ping it.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Richey
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 12:48 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [c-nsp] Sub Interfaces on 3660

I am trying to setup Ethernet sub internfaces on a 3660.   I can create
the
interface and ping it from the router but when I connect my laptop up to
the
port and try and ping the same IP I get nothing.  I am sure I am missing
more.    The Google lottery turns up some stuff about bridge groups but
it's
turning up more sales type documents than how tos.

 

What I am trying to do is  I physically connecting FA0/1 to a Radio that
sends a point to point link to a building where I have 3 separate
networks.
I am coming out of the Radio on the far side into a switch and then out
to 3
networks (Which are the 3 sub interfaces)    After I get this working I
will
relace the private IPs with smaller subnets of public IPs.

 

!

interface FastEthernet0/1

 ip address 10.100.1.1 255.255.255.0

 duplex auto

 speed auto

!

interface FastEthernet0/1.100

encapsulation isl 100

 ip address 10.100.100.1 255.255.255.0

no ip redirects

!

interface FastEthernet0/1.101

encapsulation isl 101

 ip address 10.100.101.1 255.255.255.0

no ip redirects

!

interface FastEthernet0/1.102

encapsulation isl 101

 ip address 10.100.102.1 255.255.255.0

no ip redirects

!

 

Thanks

-Richey

 

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to